smol is on a mission to change the face of consumer brands and businesses by bringing super effective, eco-friendly products at value for money prices. We believe everyone should be able to make easy swaps that are better for them, the planet, and their pockets.
In just four years smol has taken the household cleaning market by storm. We are already the fastest growing and most positively reviewed brand in the laundry, dishwash, fabric conditioner and surface spray categories and we’ve got so much more planned.
Following recent Series B investment our expansion across geographies and products is set to accelerate further, making it a very exciting time to be joining our energetic and entrepreneurial team.
If you love start ups, a really fast paced environment with lots of action, read on…
as we grow our production operations in Paddock Wood, a health, safety & facilities coordinator is needed to support the smooth day-to-day running of our warehouses and offices, covering approximately 50 people.
this is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to work part-time hours, as we are open to finding the working pattern that suits you and your lifestyle.
What does the role involve?...
- coordination of the site's Health & Safety committee, driving health and safety initiatives.
- carrying out risk assessments and the recording & auditing of relevant documents, liaising with regulatory authorities where needed.
- investigating any incidents on site and producing subsequent reports and recommendations as needed.
- scheduling, delivering & measuring the effectiveness of Health & Safety training.
- supporting the site’s management team with the scheduling and management of ad-hoc and planned facility maintenance.
- day-to-day management of the site’s facilities arrangements and suppliers.
- ordering and stock control of all consumable items needed by the teams onsite.
- supporting the site's management team with practical problem solving and the delivery of projects.
You will need/be...
- proven experience within a similar H&S role, in a Manufacturing/Packing environment ideally.
- NEBOSH, IOSH or other H&S qualifications are needed for this position.
- to be able to build strong connections both inside and outside of our company.
- use effective communication skills to share, involve and update others on important issues.
- able to collate data and create accurate reports using an online H&S platform.
- strong organisation and time management skills.
- the ability to work autonomously and be accountable for your own workload.
- always looking for ways to improve and embrace new thinking.
What we offer:
Competitive compensation package.
A part-time proportion of 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays.
A volunteer day to spend on a cause you care about.
The smol print
Applicants must have current work authorisation in the UK.
This role is based at our Warehouse location in Paddock Wood, Kent.
Inclusion at smol
At smol, we believe that a great team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, beliefs and experience. We are an inclusive employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of race, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability. If you share our values and want to help make a difference, we'd love to hear from you, even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above.