• Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
• Building CI/CD pipelines and new development environments to improve efficiency.
• Working with both Software and Data Engineer teams to improve our release processes.
• Working with the Automation team to integration our test suites into our pipelines
• Ensuring our platforms are efficiency, secure and highly available.
• Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
• Experience working with AWS services, Docker, Serverless framework and CDK.
• Hands-on experience building CI/CD pipelines.
• Proficient in scripting languages.
• Comfortable using cloud-based technologies and third-party tools.
• Experience performing root cause analysis and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
• Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and
master diverse technologies and techniques.
• BS in computer science, software engineering, statistics or a related field.
• Experience in release management is a plus.
Candidates ideally would possess 3-5 years of experience and/or Bachelors Degree
in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field; have the
ability to work with colleagues as well as individually; have the ability to consult and
communicate closely with management / leadership.
inclusion at smol:
At smol we believe that a great team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, beliefs and experience. We are an inclusive employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability. If you share our values and want to help make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.